Last chance for 2017 scholarship applications this Saturday
For the past 15 years, Alpha One has been quietly investing in the future of the disability movement.
Every spring, three students with disabilities who wish to pursue post-secondary education are recognized by the Alpha One Board of Directors, many of whom are also people with disabilities. Over the years, the scholarship has awarded close to $100,000. They annually share $6,000 among three candidates who are accepted into post-secondary school education, in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
This year will be our 15th consecutively awarding the scholarship. Alpha One has been promoting independent living for people with disabilities in Maine for close to 40 years. Completed forms for this year should be submitted by fax or postmarked for mailing no later than this Saturday, April 1st.
- Applicants must have a documented disability
- Attending/attended high school within the state of Maine
- Scholarship recipient need not be a high school senior but may be anyone pursuing higher education, regardless of graduation date from high school
- B average or equivalent GPA
- Acceptance letter from post-secondary institution
Please help us by sharing this information with students you feel fit the eligibility criteria.
To download this years application follow this link: Application Link